Why Coventry lettings?
- Unlike many letting agents, Coventry lettings put the relationship with our tenants at the top of everything we do.
- Coventry lettings offer total peace of mind to you the tenant in the unlikely event that a repair or maintenance to the property is required.
- We pride ourselves in over 30 years combined experience in property maintenance and our friendly team are all focused on ONE thing and that is excellent customer service.
- Unlike most other letting agents we offer a full 7 day service.
You have found a home you would like to rent, what happens next?
- A £250.00 reservation fee must be placed in order for us to approach the landlord with your application. This can be paid by bankers draft, building society cheque, cash or debit/credit card. You will then be given application forms for each individual that will be living in the property (excluding anyone under 18 years of age). These forms must be returned to the office within 24 hours as without them we cannot approach the landlord. Sometimes due to circumstances beyond our control we may receive more than one reservation fee on the same property. If this happens then all applications will be put forward to the landlord.
Please note that a reservation fee does not guarantee you the property as the final decision on any application is that of the landlord and not Coventry Lettings.
- Your application will then be processed by our referencing department who will call you within 48 working hours with an agreement in principal (subject to fully completed application forms and all references received).
- Once all the relevant references have been received and the landlord has accepted your application, you will then be invited into the office to sign the tenancy agreements and pay the remaining balance (which is detailed below) within 7 days of placing your reservation fee.
– One month’s rent in advance
– Deposit equivalent to a minimum of one month’s rent (less any reservation fee paid)
– The application and referencing charge is £100.00 for 1 applicant & £100.00 for each additional applicant. The first guarantor application is free of charge but any subsequent guarantor applications are £100.00 each.
Example based on two adults moving into a house at a rent price of £450.00 per calendar month:
Deposit (minus £250.00 reservation fee): £200.00
Application & tenancy agreement (per adult): £100.00
The easiest way to pay is by bank transfer but we can also accept payment by bankers draft, building society cheque or debit card. Cash, credit cards and personal or business cheques will not be accepted. The application, referencing, tenancy agreement and check out charges are non-refundable and your deposit is only refunded at the end of your tenancy as long as the tenancy agreement has been satisfactorily conducted.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your possessions are adequately insured. You (and any guarantors) are also required to provide us with the following:
– Proof of photo identity (passport or new style driving licence)
– Proof of current address; acceptable forms are: Recent utility bill (including council tax) / Current TV licence / Current mortgage statement / Tenancy Agreement signed and dated within last 6 months / Bank or Credit Card Statements dated within the last 3 months / Letter from the employer on headed paper, signed and dated.
This list isn’t exhaustive and our team will review documentation not detailed above. However, we definitely CANNOT accept: HM Revenue & Customs documents / NHS medical card / Letters from accountants or solicitors / Mobile phone bills.
- If you become a tenant of one of our managed properties then your deposit will be protected by The Dispute Service and you will receive a certificate as proof of this when you sign your tenancy agreements. If we do not manage the property then your deposit will be passed to the landlord who will be responsible for protecting your deposit and providing you with proof, usually in the form of a certificate.
For all referencing enquiries call our dedicated team on 02477980522 from 8am to 8pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org